Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Along Time Ago

There are times I think we are so caught in the motions in life and we don’t really look around. I, truthfully fall into this a lot. As you can see from my last couple of blogs, I have a lot going on. I have always loved to be busy and to be doing a lot of different stuff. While you might thing this leads me to feel I have done a ton of stuff in my life or that I am very proud. I usually don’t have enough time to look back and be proud because I am always moving forward.

I don’t completely think always looking forward is a bad thing. I think that being able to move forward is something that helped me deal with all the death and trauma in my life. I kept pushing forward and trying to get the next goal in life. However the bad part about this is that I am always looking forward and never see what I have already done.

Why am I talking about this? I am joining Zonta International and I have been going to meetings for everyone to get to know me. I have already sign onto helping with a couple different events and I am really enjoying it. But that isn’t want this blog is really about.

Tonight I meet a woman who knew who I was already. This isn’t something that is really that unusually, I have been in the paper a couple of times and also on the radio, either for fair queen or for other events that are going on. But she knew me for something different from when I was a lot younger. This women use to work for Social Services and remember me when I was young.

I haven’t really talked too much about how I grew up. Mostly because that really isn’t the focus of this blog, maybe I will write about it a little more but for now let me just say that my mother had a number of problems with drugs and alcohol that while she loved us very much caused a lot of issues. My mom was the most loving person I know and addiction is a much more complicated that everyone likes to make it out. I could honestly make a blog about it and maybe I will. It just a very hard subject, and truly its one of those things unless you have first hand experience it’s hard to understand it.

Anyways for the propose of this blog let’s just say that I have worked really hard to get where I am today. I don’t way that to be cocky; I say it because that is what this woman told me. She said she could remember me when I was a little girl and remember and really cared about my mom. That she sees me in the paper and all the stuff I do and that she wanted to let me know how proud she was and also what a beautiful young women I have become.

The most important thing to me is being a good representative of my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment