Monday, January 10, 2011

Forgive me

I have been a horrible blog keeper as of late. So much has been going on!!!!!!!! Christmas was amazing and I had such a wonderful time. I got to spend time with the best kids ever, my cousins’ Jen and Marie’s kids. It was great talking about Santa and being a human horse!!!

Holidays are always fun but a bit crazy also. I literally was so tired on Christmas Eve I didn’t wake up till 9 AM Christmas Day…that is late for me. I also got to spend New Year’s with awesome people!! AJ’s friend’s Adam and Lexie got the Dance Central game for the Xbox. I am officially addicted to that game!!! I can’t wait to get it for myself so I can play all the time.

AJ and I also celebrated our six month anniversary; it’s so hard to believe it has been that long already. For it we went to see Country Strong, it didn’t get good ratings but I really liked it a lot. I highly recommended it and also the soundtrack it amazing.

This Saturday I will be crossing my fingers and sitting on the edge of my seat watching the Miss American Pageant. I am so proud and excited for Clair and just want her to do so while. She truly desires to be on the stage and compete. No matter what I know she will represent New York with pride.

Monday I will be helping out making fleece blankets for the Agro-Business Child Care Center. It is a project for Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. I will take place from 1-3 at the senior center in Batavia. I am excited for the project because I have been working on planning it since I starting my AmeriCorps placement in October. In other AmeriCorps news, I am now certified in first aid and CPR again. So if you need help call 911 lol.

Next month I am also honored to say that I have been ask to speak on a panel for the Diocese of Buffalo’s Youth Conference about my faith journey. My journey in general is something I have been thinking a lot about as of late. I think it is so important to remember the roads you had to travel. I have been feeling like I have accomplished much as of late, but looking at where I stated I see how much I have been able to do.

I think that it’s great we have kids thinking about college at a younger age, however I think it can also bring up problems. When I was little I knew I wanted to go to college but I didn’t understand totally about the cost, however I was too dumb to doubt in a good way. I never question being able about to afford college, I just knew I had to go.

I think truly if I would have stopped and thought about it, I would have felt it was an impossible task to do. But I didn’t I just kept on going along and never questioned it. I am grateful no one ever stopped me and I am also very lucky that when I had to start thinking about the money someone told me about financial aid. I am also grateful that that she never tried to say that college was going to hurt me or put me in debt. She helped me find a way.

I have not had a perfect journey in life, but no one really does. In the end I try to learn and grow, looking back all my hard times have helped me be stronger and more able to help others. I couldn’t imagine working and helping people if I didn’t have the life experiences I have had. Life is always easy but it is always worth the clime. My journey had just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment