Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln quotes

As many of you know I celebrated my 24th birthday this past weekend. Honestly going into the weekend I wasn’t totally sure how I felt about getting a year old, and I am still not totally sure. 24 is an age that is not here nor there. It doesn’t make any large mile stone or life changing point. It did however make the official end to my Miss America career. I try very hard not to think about and enjoy where I am now.

I think it is very easy to look at everything that is wrong and horrible and it takes a lot more energy to try and be positive. Being in a in between age makes it a lot harder for me to look at a lot of the great thing. I feel like mile stone ages are easier to have great things to talk about.

Lately I have been all about Bethany Ever After on Bravo. She uses to be one of the New York housewives and ended up getting her own show. She just turned 40 of the show and she was having a very hard time with that age. However all her friends were excited about it because she has done so much in her life, especially during the last five years.

For me I have been having a hard time looking at everything I have done since high school, youth 20s are such a work in progress time. I am in the middle of my grad school program and have a ton of projects going on. I am doing an AmeriCorps Placement, working at Shelley’s office, building my personal business, helping to plan events for the YWCA. There is a ton of stuff I need to try to fit in and start doing, including ballroom dancing, Zambia and starting to work out more again.

I know I have fit a lot of life in the small amount of years but I am still worried that I am not doing enough. Luckily I have plenty more years to fill up.

No comments:

Post a Comment