Friday, May 13, 2011

Family Affair



At the end of April was an event that had taken forever to make, it was a fun filled weekend of family celebrations. As you all know there are times I don’t feel like I have a half hour to breath let alone a whole weekend, but the event were far too important to miss. The weekend started with a small bit of me time (I know can you believe it). I got up early on Friday, April 29 to watch the royal wedding, and unless you have been living under a rock lately you should know how amazing it truly was. After working that day, I packed and got ready for a trip to Olean the next morning.

However first on Saturday, April 30th I attended a meeting of the annual Fabulous Females Luncheon, to help tie up all the last minute details and plan what we were going to do the day of. This meeting ended up taking longer than we originally thought, and I had to speed out of the meeting at 10:30 to get back to Rochester and on the road to Olean for a 1:30 weeding.

Lucky for me AJ is an amazing driver, we enter the town of Olean with 5 minutes to spare and feeling very good about the time he had made up…but then we hit ever red light in the town!! We ran into the Church late, to be greeted by my beautiful cousin Sarah looking glowing on her wedding day. Luckily I was there in time to see her walk down the alley.

I was able to sit with my cousin Jen and Paul and their lovely babies (they will always be my babies!) Olivia and Dylan and as much as I was happy to see all of them they brought with them ANNA MARIA! For those of you who don’t know Anna is my beautiful cousin who lives in LA and because of that Nick and her are unable to get to out of holidays as much. Anna and Nick (her hubby) are excepting their first baby boy. Of course Anna looks like she has swallowed a beach ball, with only a belly to let you know she was having a baby. I was so happy she was able to make it for the wedding and I kept joking with AJ that she was my real date to the wedding not him.

We ended up hanging at the hotel for a little bit before the reception, after me and AJ made a trip to buy me flip flops. While the kids napped (or we were hoping) everyone was able to catch up and I finally had others to talk about the wedding with. We also got to hold and coo over my cousin Marie’s newest addition. The reception was so fun, I made up goody bags for the kids to help keep them entertained however they were all out on the dance floor!

The next morning we had breakfast at my Aunt Fran’s House and talked about the wedding and catching up,

AJ also found a new person to play soccer with, Olivia. It was then time to head back to Batavia for Anna’s Baby Shower. I had so much fun shopping for baby stuff for her, everyone in my family really needs to keep having kids so I can keep shopping for them! Sadly that was the end of my fun filled weekend because I had two papers waiting for me back at home to finish for school and a speech to right for the luncheon the following weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment