Friday, June 17, 2011

The family is a haven in a heartless world

After last post I felt I needed to lighten everything up a bit. While there is a ton more I can write about what is going on, there is one new tool I have started to use. Every day I come up with one thing I am grateful for that day. With so much negativity and hard things going on, I find it increasingly important to come up with things that I am grateful for.

One thing I am truly always grateful for is my family. Even with us being spread across the whole country (really from LA to New Jersey and from New York, through Arkansas down to Miami), I don’t think I could have ever made it without my family.

Thinking about this made me realize I haven’t told you all about my amazing trip to New Jersey at the start of the month! I was able to go to New Jersey to spend the weekend with the Ko Family. However this wasn’t just any normal weekend, it was also Olivia’s dance recital. I got in Friday night and was greeted by Dylan and Olivia waiting to attach themselves to my legs. The weekend was so much fun, I got to see Olivia play soccer and spend time with Dylan. I also got to see Princeton Campus, after being in the area 2 times before and never really seeing anything but conference rooms. I also got to do Olivia and her friend Sophia’s hair and makeup for the recital.

Check out some of the picture from the weekend :)

Finally I just wanted to share a couple insights from a weekly email I received today. This week Nancy was finishing up a article about things she has learned from Oprah, while I loved them all I had to share two of them with you. Here is a little information about Nancy: Nancy Roberts, behavioral analyst and co-creator of the "Boost Your Business by Overcoming Sales Call Reluctance" workshop, publishes the award-winning 'Success iNsights' weekly ezine with thousands of subscribers. If you're ready to jump-start your business and make more money, sign up for your FREE subscription at http://www.insightspps.com.

7) Along with fear, challenges/obstacles always come up as you move to the next level.

I think sometimes we have the illusion that rich, successful people don't have as many problems as we normal folk do. But when Oprah had to deal with the Meat Industry's lawsuit or sexual abuse allegations at her Girls School in South Africa, I'd say she was dealing with some pretty big problems. The difference is in the level person you are. If you're a level 3 person and you have a level 5 problem - you've got a BIG problem. But if you're a level 9 person and you have a level 5 problem - you've got a small problem. So the work isn't in playing small so to try and minimize or avoid problems, the work is in developing yourself.

8) It isn't about the money; it's about making a difference.
When Oprah's show was going down the same road as Jerry Springer and Maury Povich, Oprah made a decision to no longer do sensational, negative story lines. She wanted to provide information and inspiration, and to have a positive influence on others. And what do you know, she also became one of the Richest Woman in the World. You will never hear Oprah say money isn't important but you will hear her say it's not the most important. Finding your true purpose and pursuing it with passion is the key. And what do you know, the money might just come.

No comments:

Post a Comment