Monday, July 11, 2011

Mother's Gift

I have been thinking about mothers a lot lately. There are a number of reasons for this in part but not limited to their being new information on my own Mother’s case, a number of my friends and family members having babies or starting to prepare to have babies. Mothers are so important in our development and looking back I am so grateful for my mother.

She wasn’t perfect but no person is, however she taught me so many important lessons. And if there was one above all that I would have to say is the most important is how deep her love for me was. No matter what I know my mother loves me from the top of her head to the tip of her toe.

As I have gotten older I have always worried if I would be a good mom. Would I have the instincts and know what to do. I guess everyone person wonders about this. There isn’t a reset button to being a parent or in how you raise your children. And I of all people know that your children are the legacy you leave behind far after you are gone.

This past weekend, while I didn’t become a parent I took on another different responsibility, I became a godmother….and sorry fans of the Godfather movies, us women are to be feared far more any man. With how busy my schedule as been since school ended I was very grateful to be able to make some time over the weekend to spend with Malena, Sophia and their Mommy my amazing cousin Marie. And if that wasn’t enough reason to get excited I also got to see Dylan, Olivia and my equally amazing cousin Jennifer. Of course my whole weekend couldn’t be cleared but I got to spent with them between Relay for Life and East End Festival.

Sunday was the very big important day! I must say Malena was an amazing sport with the baptism. Imagine being a little baby and having a whole bunch of people look at your while some men you don’t know that while puts stuff on your head and pours water on it....I might have been a little scared. However she did amazing and I so proud of her, I was even prouder later in the day when I was able to hold her for a long time without her crying.

As much as I still worry about if I will be a good mommy, I also can ask for a better group of role models to have around me and to call on with question. I was already able to master the bounce and rock with a little help from Marie and Jennifer. Being a mom is the most important job I think I will ever have in my life, right after being the best godmother and cousin of course.

At Olivia and Dylan's First Baseball game


Godparents

Girls just want to have fun...and cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment