Monday, March 2, 2015

Failure

While it’s been a long time! Like most people life has seemed to get away from me. After competing in a pageant in October, I felt this odd sense of completion. I am not sure if you every experienced it but it was truly like I had closed a door and my life was ready to move on.

Move on to what was the really big question! I connected to train at CrossFit Fruition, as I did find a home away from home with this Box. Those are words I never thought I would be saying. Never had I thought I would find joy from lifting weights, running and doing box jumps. I however found a complete sense of belonging and satisfaction from my daily workouts.

I made the decision to ramp up my workouts and see how much and fast I would really be able to do, competition is just part of who I am and it seem like a natural fit to train and hopefully compete in something I really enjoyed doing. So here we are in my first CrossFit Open season.

Am I most likely going to do horrible….yea! My skills still need to be developed a lot but at least this way I will know what and how much work I need to put in. However even with this understanding…it doesn’t mean feelings of failure don’t creep up.

Failure is an issue I dealt with a lot, if I look at my life I can see a lot of failures….or I can see a lot of things I learned from. At some days I do see them like that, lessons I learned however sometimes it’s hard to see the glass half full and I don sink into feelings of being less then (fill in the blank).
So what am I trying to get at? 

While during those times when I feeling like a failure there are a couple of things I like to remember:

  • Do not believe too strongly in appearances. I don’t believe I am alone at looking at my worst parts against someone’s best. I try to remind myself not to and at times it’s hard.
  • It helps to have honest conversations with others. Whatever is your area of struggle find someone else who is working in it because you then become less isolated.
  • There is no road map. This is true for life, of course, however I have found that when you start to plan the map will start to evolve.
I hope those help, look for me to start posting more! Next week I will catch you up on the pageant world.....even though I am done competing I have some exciting things still going on :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment