Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just Wing It


I had an amazing time in Boonville and big big congrats to Allison on representing the area at Miss New York this year. After the parade on Saturday I had to run home for a wedding. Anyone who knows me will tell you how I seem to always have 4 things going on at one time with out fail.

Best part of being so busy, busy people will always be busy and are able to get things done. Also I have learn to schedule, plan and weight what is important. The wedding for such a fun time and i work off the amazing food by dancing the night away.

In other news I am very sad to say the fashion show i been working on had to be postponed till a later date. Due to stuff beyond the YWCA control, at least we have a lot of ground work done for next time.

Last night I went out to support my friends band the poverty rat, I was very happy I was able to support the band and Corey. It was a great time had by all.

So as of late it has been crazy and I have been also getting ready for school!!!! I start back on Aug 30th...that is right monday!!!! I am looking forward to my masters and can't wait to start working on it. For those of you who do not know I am completed my masters in Public Administration and Non Profit Management.

So keeping with my west wing them....What's Next?

While I am very excited about Miss Buffalo at the....wait for it....BUFFALO CHICKEN WING FEST!!!!!!!!!! Yes i love my wings :)I am also taking part in the .5 K (yes a half of a K) run on the first day of the fest. I am even more excited to say that the wing fest donates over 100,000 dollars every years to a number of charities in the western new york area, these year one of the charities is Western New York AmeriCorps.

As an Alumni of the AmeriCorps program, I am very excited about this partnership. Those of you who do not know AmeriCorps was also the official volunteer require for the Extreme Home Makeover that was done in Buffalo. I am very proud of the over One thousand hours of volunteer work I have done with AmeriCorps. And I have been lucky enough to be able to pay off a large part of my student loans because of the work i did with AmeriCorps.

No comments:

Post a Comment