Monday, September 13, 2010

Jillian Michaels

For those of you who don’t know me that while, I am obsessed with Jillian Micheals. I most likely to quotes lines from the Biggest Loser in my sleep and try to talk my roommate into sending in a video so we could be on Losing It.

Why am I bringing her? As part of my whole, creating a better me inside and out campaign (yes that is what I call it) I signed up for daily emails (FREE) from Jillian. They included a little bit of everything, from diet meal ideas to workout ideas to stories to inspire you. Today email talked about creating a support network and finding people to help you on your road to weight lose…or in my case weight loss/ toning/ healthier me.

This reminded me of something that we talk about in Mary Kay a lot, which is that you become like the five people you spend the most time with. That might seem a little nutty but really thing about the people you spend the most time with, do you really want to become like them?

I found that when I did bring more positive people around me, that I became more positive. When I spend more time with motivated people, guess what I stop letting myself make excesses for why I am not moving forward and started to make the changes I needed to so I would. This is also true because of energy, when you are around negative energy is really can have a harming effect on you. I have read even some cases of it causing physical problems.

Your attitude is truly everything. Many people are shocked by how I got through so much negative damaging things as a young person to become who I am today. Truly it was my attitude, I believe that I was meant to take everything and truly learn from it to be a better person. And ultimately I hope someday what I have been through will positively impact the lives of others, and help them.

Things I have found to make a better attitude in myself
1) Really look at the people I spend the most time with, I surround myself with supportive, positive people
2) Listen to and read positive books, I try to put knowledge and positivity into myself everyday
3) I have notes around on mirror, which helps to change the negative self talk I use to tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment