Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time to Work

So I am official back in school, not that I really left it at all. I am now a Master’s student at SUNY Brockport getting a degree in Public Administration and Nonprofit Management. That’s right, look out world they are giving me a license to boss other people around.

So far I am enjoying the classes, not that I have had that many. I am in relatively smaller classes with a large variety of people. That always makes for better classes. My classes range from introduction to Nonprofits, to finical management (aka letting me work with the money) to an overview of the Medicare and Medicaid systems and finally how to read and put together research. In other words I am sadly not ready YET to take over the world but just you wait.

In other news Miss Buffalo was a great time this past weekend. And even better then the pageant was…Eating Chicken Wings after. Yummy, I was able to try wings from all over the United States. Big congrats to Desiree this year’s Miss Buffalo. ALSO Big Congrats to “the black widow” for being once again the National Chicken Wing Contest Winner!!!! She ate over 4 pounds of chicken wings in 12 minutes!!!!!!!! I think she desires a crown for that.

Also I have two very special birthday wishes to share with your all. First to my Daddy, who turned 79 on Friday!!!! Happy birthday, he is as healthy as a horse and a great man. I am lucky to have such a caring, wonderful, protective and loving Daddy.

Next to Miss Shelley, the best boss/ Mary Kay director anyone could have. I will not post her age because we do not talk about that in Mary Kay. But happy birthday!!!!!!! You are a great role model and hero in my life.

So what is next up for me? First I get a little break from pageant…competing that is. But don’t worry I have plenty to keep you up to date with. This upcoming weekend I am off to help out at the Miss Little Finger Lakes Pageant in Corning, NY, where the beautiful and talented Amy Valenti will be the MC. I also have a retreat hick at the end of the month, it will be so much fun.

October I am blowing off NY for NJ for the annual Mary Kay Go Give Event and also see my Olivia and Dylan!!!!!!!!! And here is the best part…I will be there for Olivia’s birthday party. And I will also be cheering on a Pageant Sister, Stacey, at the Miss New York International Pageant.

And in November I will be off to Maryland to judge and see some great pageant friends, so stay tuned

***sorry no pictures I have to find my cord again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment