Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gotta Give it your best

“Didn’t you ever watch your mom put on makeup?”

This seems like such a silly line yet it is amazing how some things hit close to home. I use to love watching my mom put makeup on. My mom always loved putting makeup on and it was weird how much of an art form it really was. I have always since then loved makeup, which would make sense now that I a brand of makeup that has the top selling lipstick last year.

I went to see Burlesque tonight; I have to say it was an amazing movie!!!! The dancing and singing were awesome. It reminded me a lot about dreams. Dreams are so funny a lot of times some seem really silly and other times they are a huge driving force. When I was younger my dream was to always be a performer that let way to wanting to study and work in law and transformed again to want to work in government or nonprofit work. I think the most important thing is to be open to what your heart is telling you.

Sometimes it is really hard to do this; it was hard for me to decide to change the direction of my life three month from graduating high school. It’s still hard to know if I followed right path in life. Life is truly about the journey and I can only hope and pray that I am on this journey for a reason.

“She wants a big life”

This is a line from Bones and it’s so true for me. I do and sometimes I think I am selfish for wanting more out of life. But I guess that is what we all do and try to do. It isn’t selfish, it is drive. It’s important and try to make the most out of your life. My biggest fear is falling short of what I want to do, but from another great movie “never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.”And so it now time to do what is best for me, the question is what is that?



Hit it up, get it up

Wont let you rest
Hit it up, get it up
This is not a test
Hit it up, get it up
Gotta give me your best
So get your ass up
Show me how you burlesque

No comments:

Post a Comment