Thursday, November 4, 2010

White Lines

So there is this song I have always enjoyed called White Lines, which is really about finding your way back to someone. However I think you can look at it another way. Not about finding your way back to another person, but about finding you true self again. That has been the new theme in my life for the month of November, finding the true me and also my passions and drive in life.

What has brought this on? While for one thing it has been along journey to where I am today in my life. So many twist and turns and dead ends that at times it seems hard to believe I am where I am today. But that makes me question, is there where I really want to be and what is my next adventure and goals.

Is there where I want to be? This might seem like a funny question. However I had a mini worry fit this weekend over the fact that I have not started an IRA or emergency fund yet. Life if full of curve balls and the last thing I want is them to stand in my way of where I want to go in life.

That leads to that question, where do I want to go in life? It seems less clear now than it did four years ago that is for sure. That brings me back to reconnect with myself and my passions and goals. I need to refine my purpose. What is that? Purpose is the drive that gets you up in the morning and to your job, other than wanting to keeps your heat on. So to do this goal I am looking inward. Stage one is reading, stage two is going to be taking part in activities to help and finally action on things that will get me closer to my goals.

What has help with this new drive and need to find direction? Mary Kay, while that has always been there. But my desire to move my business forward and upward as made in necessary. We are enter the major gift buying season and I want to make sure I am a good one stop shop for all my friends and families Christmas needs. I am very excited about the Robert Jones event coming up in two days!!! He is a top makeup artist and I can’t wait to learn from a true professional.

In the world of school things are ok, a lot harder than I thought and I am starting to stress about my grades, time to buckle down and do it. I have a couple major projects due coming up and need to set the time aside to do them properly.

The world of AmeriCorps is going good. I have a ton of events and things going on right now. I have the decorating of the Wonderland of Trees next week and the state wide kickoff event the week after. December 3rd is our annual card making event. Also in December I have the 9th grade leadership conference, I was able to work at it two years ago but am excited about helping with the planning a little more and getting involved more this time. Planning for MLK day is going good, it just a lot of work and I am a little over whelmed. But I know I just need to make a check list and a plan and stick with it. Everything I need is there it is just putting it all together in the right order now.

I was able to do two more presentation to high school seniors this week about AmeriCorps. I really enjoy getting to talk about the program and about all the different things I have done through it. It’s kind of crazy to think all the different places and events I have been able to take part it. How many kids I have worked with and all the different programs I have been able to learn about. For the past 3 days I have also been able to work in developing assets in one of the goods that the Youth Bureau helps to fund. It was a great time and I am so happy I was able to work with the youth for the past 3 days.

Will write after the Robert Jones event!!!!! And I promise I will have pictures from it also up.

No comments:

Post a Comment