Friday, January 6, 2012

Weight Wars

I got home from my daily running around a bit earlier than normal today. Normally I am not a fan of many of the daytime talk shows. However I found myself being sucked into Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil’s shows today. Oddly enough both shows dealt with weight problems.
I am the queen of Yo-Yo weight, I can remember a time when I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted. However that time has long since passed and weight has be a struggle every since. Weight however I must say isn’t the core issue. Like most women much of how I view myself and feel about myself is wrapped up in how I look. I am not someone who believes that how we look shouldn’t or doesn’t matter.
Does that shock you? First anyone who tries to say they have never judged someone by how they look is lying. Imagine you are sick, very sick and need to go into the OR right away. The hospital tells you there are two doctors that can operate on you; you are given a chance to say hi to both however you are far too weak to say anything more and cannot interview them.  They both walk in one is in a suit, with his hair cut and smiling, the other is in a t-shirt and jeans and hands are dirty, he isn’t smiling and hasn’t shaved. Who would you pick?
I do believe imagine is important and I also think that healthy weight is so important to have a healthy lifestyle. So now back to me, I have always have issues with my body and how I look. Growing up, I went through my ugly duckling phase and once I started to grow out of it...I also started to gain weight.
I definitely don’t have all the answers or know everything there is about staying healthy. Like I said, I am the Queen of Yo-Yo. What I do know is that you have to start by loving yourself no matter where you are; you have to love yourself enough to want the change.  Looking over my years of up and down, up and down, times when I go up are the times when I don’t put myself first, or I let internal and external dialogue effect me. This is why I say weight for me in only the outward manifestation of the internal issues.
Like so many people, part of my new year’s resolution deals with weight. So welcome to 2012 and welcome to following my journey. It’s not all about weight but it is about finding out who I am at this point in my life. This year will have a lot of milestones, graduation, 25th birthday, more than one promotion in my personal business. Most important about this year, taking steps to becoming the new, improved Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Get it, girl! I'm posting a lot of fitness and nutrition stuff on my blog! Let me know if you need any info! :)

    www.sweatequalssuccess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete