Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Fabulous Females is an annual fund raiser for the Genesee County YWCA, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary. The event honors women in the community who have done great things and are really fabulous.

It is one of my favorite community events of the year. I think its important to life women up and supported each other. Also as women sometimes we need a mirror to reflect on us and show us how much we truly do. This event also draws attention to the important role the YWCA plays in the areas and nationally. It was a great way to spend a Saturday, but not just any Saturday it is always the Saturday of Mothers Day Weekend

Also a Happy Belated Mothers Day to everyone. Another yearly tradition is spending the morning at my Church's yearly mother's day Breakfast where we also do the May Crowning of Mary. I spent the morning with the women of my church celebrating all the women who fill the role of mother in our lives. One of my favorite movies is the crow and there is an amazing line in it "mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children."

I think its very important to remember as a woman we are all role models for the children and also need to be positive role models for other women and younger girls. So a very special Thank You to all the mothers out there and thank you for your inspiration and love and caring words you have given me.

Some of you may know i lost my mother at the age of 10 a couple weeks after my birthday. I am blessed for all the memories i have of her and for all the women who help me along the way. I stand here today because of them and because i have a huge, amazing loving women who brought me into this world who desires to see me become everything i can make myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment