Thursday, May 13, 2010

The last day

Today I will take my last final ever as an undergraduate student!!!!!!!! This is a huge deal. I grow up with a learning disability and was behind in areas of reading and spelling (sometimes you might still see it). I also had speech problems, now I will have complete Bachelors in Science in Political Science and Pre Law. I am very proud of myself, and I am very grateful for all the people who have put in hard work to help me get here.

I also must say that my college education would not have been possible without the resources of Federal and State student grants. They are the reason I could afford college. I am grateful that when I started high school so scared about how I would pay for college. Someone who was smart but have to work hard and wasn’t the very top of her class was going to go to college. It was through the resources the school gave me and the people who took the time to help me that I was able to go to college with very little debt.

There is no way I would be here without the love support and encouragement of my family and friends. I also must thank my teachers throughout the years who took the time to work with me, and never made me feel stupid because of my disabilities. I am also so grateful for my AmeriCorps family who have been with me all the way through my last two years and my Mary Kay family who always ask me how I am doing and keeping up with where I am at in my classes.

I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Thank you to all of them Saturday when I walk across stage you are with me. I carry you in my heart and stories every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment