Monday, October 4, 2010

School and More School

Hey everyone!!!!

So as you know I am a full time master's student at SUNY Brockport, studying Public Administration and Nonprofit Management. While I would love to tell you how much fun it is, which there is plenty of fun stuff. It is a lot of work, more then I thought when signing up. However I am finally getting use to it and starting to get into the swing of it.

I am very sad to report I was not able to go on my hike due to weather :( But I was able to work on a paper that was due, so that is always good. I also starting at my AmeriCorps placement!!!

I signed my new contract and started officially on October 1st. I will be completing 900 hours over the course of the next year. For my service I will receive a stipend and an educational award at the end of my term which will go towards my student loan.

During my year I will be able to take part and help in a number of programs, including Reality Check, Youth Court, and Legal Advocacy for youth program. I will also be working on creating and helping to put together community service projects for other AmeriCorps members. I will also be driving into grant writing and sending out a month newsletter.

I am looking forward to the new challenges and making myself grow and stretch more through this.

I have found that AmeriCorps is rewarding way to spend my time and also feel like I have made some impact on the community I live in. I have also learned more about the work of government in my community and how important it is to get youth involved at a young age. I'm work with AmeriCorps had a huge influence in my platform issue for pageants and also focusing on what I really want to be able to do in my life. It has inspired and pushed me to greater.

Please check out the link below. I will be taking part in this amazing fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. Please Support this cause during October which is National Breast Cancer Awkwardness Month

Please Donate

No comments:

Post a Comment