Friday, January 20, 2012

Opposites Attract

I was looking on YouTube for ideas for the opening number of Miss Finger Lake's Pageant. I am so excited to be able to help out this year at the pageant, now that I am a retired pageant girl. While like everyone else once I was on YouTube I started to get sidetrack to a lot of things.

I ended up on this video, Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul. I was in love with Paula Abdul growing up, and I can remember this being the video that made me want to be a dance. I always was amazed by her skills. Truly look at this video and all her dance heavy videos. Say what you want about her but she can dance.

I was never as good as a dancer as her but I did love it. It's the best release you can have. There is nothing like walking into an empty studio, putting on music and getting whatever you are feeling at that moment out and express it.

Dancing was so important to me my whole life but became my life line while going through my mom's death and all the issues I had growing up. I truly think the arts can have a huge impact on one's life...even if you don't make it to Broadway.

So enjoy my inspiration :) And encourage the people in you life to try one of the many arts. It might be what they need to really grow into their true self

No comments:

Post a Comment